With the improvement of people’s consumption level, most parents now pay more and more attention to their children’s education. As a result, the children’s toy market continues to innovate with strong growth in all aspects of data, including smart toys. The most important feature of this kind of toy products is that they are relatively intelligent. They can interact well with children and combine learning with entertainment, which is popular with many parents. However, in order to compete for this potential market, some manufacturers will cut corners to produce products, there is a certain lack of safety and quality; Agents may also drive up sales prices. So the big challenge right now is to figure out which factories are the real manufacturers, what are the conditions for a good electronic toy manufacturer? Next, let’s find a trustworthy electronic toy manufacturer.
Differences Between Electronic toy Manufacturers and Agents
- Website: The manufacturer’s website is usually not particularly beautiful. Because they focus on products, products are their lifeblood, so they do not often carry out website decoration, product design, add new functions, etc. While the agent’s website is different, their purpose is to attract customers, so they will make the website very beautiful, very complex, and change the website interface frequently. They do not need to design and produce products, they have more time, and they will make patterns on the product image, through various image processing software to make the product picture especially clear, fresh, color can make a good color picture.
- Products: For development, the manufacturers will continue to develop new products. Once they have new products, they will update them on the website as soon as possible, and the products will be updated soon. Secondly, when manufacturers design new products, their products will be many different colors, especially clothing, shoes and other wearable products, of course, this excludes other separate commodity categories; Agents are different. Their websites take a long time to update their products. Some of them are almost unchanged and the price is definitely higher than the manufacturer’s website price. When two websites have the same product, don’t just care about the product image, the product image does not see the quality.
- Service: Manufacturers usually have a better service attitude than agents. When we look for product sources, we need to contact customer service personnel to ask about product quality, materials and other sales issues, on-site customer service manufacturers are very familiar with their products, their production, they know all the details about the materials, color and quality. Agents are different, if you ask them some questions about the goods, the answer is slower and very vague, because they do not know much about the products, few agents will take back the goods from the factory from all the details, and then upload it to the site.
- Certificates of qualification: Most manufacturers will display their company’s business license and relevant evidence on the website, at the bottom of the website or on the internal page, rather than at the top of the website. Agents don’t do that and don’t need to. If so, do some careful research and you can usually find a business license with the company name and business license number online. First, doing a search on alibaba, and then don’t trust information that highlights the size of the company, such as images of warehouses, work environments, and large employees. There is so much information online that it just needs to be copied and used.
- Contact : The manufacturer will leave the detailed contact address and telephone number on the website. There are no online shop manufacturers, they always have enough inventory and hope more wholesalers to wholesale. Agents have almost no detailed address, no detailed house number, they are afraid to engage in wholesale or customer activities, even more afraid of the tax bureau.
- Quality: The commodity manufacturer generally guarantees 7 days to return the goods without any reason, but the premise is that in addition to quality problems, the buyer shall bear the freight; Agents rarely guarantee a seven-day return without a reason, and they say there is no problem with quality. When you are satisfied with the manufacturer, you can register members on the site to analyze whether their membership is perfect, you can order online, make payments and track packages, and try to select orders through the site instead of shipping them through customer service.
Requirements for Quality Electronic toy Manufacturers
A good electronic toy manufacturer’s strengths are important, such as factory standardization, employee size, employee benefits, and so on. Generally, the size of the factory can be divided into three types, including micro factory, medium factory and large factory.
1. Factory Type
- Micro Factory: Most of them are processing plants, with the number of workers ranging from 20 to 30. The production capacity is relatively weak, but the flexibility and regulation have more advantageous.
- Medium Factory: The scale will be relatively large, with 5 production lines and 50-200 workers. Have their own products in production and will be processed.
- Large Factory: The scale will be large, with 200-500 workers. Generally, there will be 10 production lines, each of which can accommodate 40 people. The length of the production line is about 15-25 meters.
The large factory manufacturer can meet the demand for high quantity and high quality products, it can perfectly meet the customer’s demand for timely delivery. From the hardware and software development of products, to the design of molds, small batch production test to the development of operating instructions and the production operation training of workers, they can ensure a complete set of processes. The whole production process is under control. Compared with small and medium-sized manufacturers, its biggest advantage is that the delivery date and quality control are excellent.
2. Factory Certification
The products should be qualified for export and should be certified. It is expected that each exporting country will have a corresponding national certification system. This enables individuals to obtain information about the manufacturer through their system certification (for example, the ICTI plant certification in the United States). It means that buyers in the United States and Europe have full confidence in international “third party” fair organizations, such as ITS, STR and SGS, to conduct ICTI audit and manufacturer certification.
Their main content includes salary, child labor, occupational health, working hours, environmental protection, employee interview, safety protection and so on. In addition, BSCI is a program that requires companies to comply with certification requirements. The company shall use the BSCI monitoring system in the production plant to continue to improve the standard quality in terms of social responsibility. Each country and industry has a variety of certification requirements.
3. Product Certification of The Factory
For the electronic toy industry product certification, different countries have different product certification system. This is the authentication entity.
United States – FCC, UL, ASTM and American society for testing materials.
Europe – CE, EN71, ROHS.
British – BEB, ASTA.
Germany – VDE and GS.
South Korea – KC.
Japan – PSE.
Singapore – PSB.
Malaysia – SIRIM.
Certification of products depends on the major exporting countries. Experienced and powerful manufacturers have the most professional teams who design and develop products according to the certification standards before product development. Therefore, the developed product can satisfy the product certification in this way.
4. Control of Product Quality
Product quality control focuses on the SOP plant and standard operating procedures. This describes the standard operating system process and event requirements in a more uniform format to guide and standardize daily operations. The factory has a perfect description of the SOP steps for each station to standardize and train the SOP of the workers. This is a very important node to help keep up with product quality. For example, if a product must be produced, standard operating procedures are always provided during initial research and development. It is designed to test whether it can be produced on a production line.
Each project requires the requirements and standards of each process that must be met before proceeding to the next step. This is the guarantee of product quality. Another point of safety is the test guidelines for factory production. This is a complete set of at least 50 items. Most electronic toys are tested for aging.
|File Header||Aging Test Standard||Date|
|In This Control||Than in the Control|
|1. Purpose Develop This Test Standard to Evaluate the Resistance of Toys to High Temperatures During Normal Use, Transportation or Storage.
2. Scope of Application Cartoon Box Finished Products, Color Box Finished Products and Unpackaged Finished Products or Accessories.
3. Test Instrumentshigh Temperature Box: Lumen Can Keep 57+3C High Temperature Fumace (135+5 F).
4. Test Procedures.
4.1 Number the Sample Plate for Identification.
4.2 Check the Appearance and Function of the Sample and Record Related Problems.
4.3 Check the High-temperature Fumace to See Whether the Temperature is Kept Within the Required Range.
4.4 Place the Test Sample in 57+3 C High Temperature Fumace Temperature for at Least 48 H.
4.5 Taken Out, the Model Will Be Placed in the Temperature of 20 to 25.C, Relative Humidity Within the 20-70% Enviroment at Least 4 H.
4.6 Check the Appearance and Function of the Sample.
（Note: The Posture of the Finished Sample in the High-temperature Furnace Should Be the Posture of the Sample in the Simulation Color Box.
5. Evaluate the Appearance and Function of the Sample Shall Be Evaluated by Companng With the Drawing Board or Relevant Product Specifications Note: TC=（5TF-32）9, Tc is Celsius Temperature TF=9XTC/5+32. TF is Fahrenheit.
Reference Guide for Selecting Manufacturers
For most manufacturers, cost is a top priority. However, product quality should be the primary factor in a factory. When selecting a manufacturer, how can we safely say that their quality control is in place? Now, take a look at our guide so you know what manufacturers need for good quality control.
1. IQC (Incoming Quality Control)
This process involves assessing the quality of parts and materials before production begins. Incoming inspection must be carried out in accordance with international standards and we will certainly think twice if the manufacturer does not meet this expected level. The longer you spend in the process, the less likely you are to find more failures later. It allows you to control quality even before the first impression and initial inspection.
2. LQC (Production Line Quality Control)
This process takes place in actual production and is a very important time. This point, must carry on the quality control. Good manufacturers will carry out thorough inspections at this stage. This not only checks the functionality of the product, but also ensures that its appearance meets the customer’s standards. We don’t want to do anything for you except the best.
3. FQC (Production Complete Quality Control)
This critical process is carried out by the quality department and involves an hourly inspection after quality control of the production line, always following international quality inspection standards. This particular spot check will be determined by the criteria selected by the customer. To redouble efforts to ensure buyers receive their money, some manufacturers will test products to higher standards than those specified by customers.
4. OQC (Factory Quality Control of Finished Products)
The FQC started this process shortly after. Products will be packaged and checked again to comply with international standards. The scope of inspection needs to ensure that the product package is harmless and does not pose any risk to children and their health. This is a crucial step for manufacturers to take to ensure that each of their electronic toys is safe for consumers. As a company, it is your responsibility to ensure that all items leaving the factory are not in danger. Even a slight oversight could put your buyer at great risk. Never lose sight of the importance of quality control, which can make or break your business. When the OQC is complete (and, of course, once passed), a qualified quality inspection report can be generated. However, there are other steps that can be taken.
5. IPQC (Patrol Inspection)
In addition to the above process, manufacturers with excellent quality control will also adopt IPQC, also known as InPut process quality control. This involves conducting circuit inspections among the staff, which can prove to be particularly effective. This step is important to ensure that workers do their work correctly. Human error can lead to many defects in the product.
Read the figure below carefully for a better understanding of the quality control process.
Better product quality can be guaranteed if the manufacturer follows all of the above. In addition, it is worth noting that the inspections were conducted in accordance with the official international standard AQL. Read the figure below carefully for a better understanding of the quality control process.
1. Quality Department Tests Samples.
2. Customer Confirm and Sign the Sample.
3. Quality Department Camies Out the Incoming Quality Control.
4. Smt Department (Line Quality Control) / Injection Department (Input Process Quality Control).
5. Product Department (Function Line Qual Ity Control / Appearanceline Quality Control).
6. Quality Department Cames Out the Final Quality Control.
7. Quality Department Camies Out the Outgoing Quality Control.
Quality control is a vital part of any manufacturing process. If ignored, it will produce defective products, which will not only cause dissatisfaction with customers, but also cause huge losses to the company. With inspections like ours, you can increase customer loyalty and achieve overall positive branding. You are less likely to face a recall to make your business run better. If manufacturers invest a lot of money in quality control, you know they have the best interests at heart. Manufacturers can develop quality control plans, procedures, and send workers to training and awareness programs. In the long run, this will improve the manufacturer’s performance rating and subsequent success.
The above tips will guide you to determine the most suitable electronic toy manufacturers in China. The choice of a top manufacturer minimizes the number of failures in production and final products. The answers provided should enable you to ensure that you are best able to find the most effective electronic toy that will fully meet the needs of the customer’s children and give you great satisfaction.